11.08.2013

November 6-8

STELLAH . . .STELL..AHHHH!  STELL..AHHH!

When I first got my girl Stella, she was from 3 1/2 months residence at the Shelter.  She was the world's worst walker, but every day we seem to make some progress.

The part that was the most fun was people would stop us and ask her name and when I would say "Stella" they would, to a person, do the whole Brando thing, "Stell..ahhhhh!"  It would of course, make me laugh, and make the doer laugh as well.  Stella never having seen
Brando in one of his greatest roles in Streetcar Named Desire, never got the joke.    However, she found pleasure in the merriment of those who laughed and got into a tail wagging thing which was her little laugh, I guess.

A good laugh is one of life's greatest pleasures to me.  I come from a family who, to a person, thinks they are the funniest (me included.)

It never ocurred to me when I named Stella, this would be one of my favorites, but it is. 

Jo, Stelllah and Zkhat

Linking to the November Daily Blog at myanderingswww.myanderings-myanderings.blogspot.com

11 comments:

  1. We could all do with a daily good laugh. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, the things people say about our names, eh Stella?
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute. :) my sis had a terrier/chihuahua mix that she named stella, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Daily Laugh is almost a NECESSITY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy Mates, SNAP! I get the exact same thing hehehe. Stellaaaaaaaaah, is all I hear when they learn my name. Mum calls it too when I'm out the back and she wants me to come. It's great to be popular! Take care and have a grreat weekend. No worries, and love, Stellaaaaaaaaaaah, and Rory hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What good is it if you can't laugh? I hear Stella and think of Stella Artois beer though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stella is not only cute but makes everyone laugh. That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stella is in on the joke. Whatever please you also pleases her. Tsar loved jokes and he would laugh about people's reactions. Some dogs have a great sense of humor.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mom says a good laugh goes a long way for good health:)

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed that one but believe it or not when I lived at my grandmas house in the forties she always listened to radio and somebody named Stella Dallas....:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stella ia such a wonderful name, I like it very much. Maybe because I love to look at the stars and the moon.
    Greetings from Geneva,
    Pia

    ReplyDelete